Ondo Road Accident

A Kid, Couple Crushed to Death in Ondo Road Accident

News

Three persons, on Wednesday, lost their lives in a fatal auto accident that occurred in the Olokuta area on the Ondo-Akure Expressway in the Akure South Local Government Area of Ondo State.

The victims were suspected to be a couple and their son but their identities had yet to be determined as of the time of filing this report.

It was gathered that the driver of the truck took to his heels immediately after the crash.

According to an eyewitness, the accident occurred around 8am and involved a black Toyota Corolla car with number plate FGB 940 AA, and a blue truck with number plate LND 274 XP.

The eyewitness explained that the two vehicles had a head-on collision as they were going in opposite directions when the accident occurred.

“We heard a loud sound and when we got to the scene, we saw the car under the truck; it took the efforts of the men of the Federal Road Safety Corps to remove the trapped victims under the truck, “ the eyewitness said.

When contacted, the Sector Commander of the FRSC in Ondo State, Mr Rotimi Adeleye, confirmed the accident, saying the driver of one of the vehicles lost control and collided with the other coming in the opposite direction.

“Three people died in the accident – a man, a woman and a boy – while the driver of the truck could not be found. It was the car that swerved off its lane to collide with the truck that was coming from the other direction.” Adeleye said.

ALSO READ:   67% of Christians Won't Vote for Me, Even If Pope is My Deputy - El-Rufai

The FRSC boss also stated that the remains of the victims had been deposited in the mortuary of the Ondo State Specialists Hospital, Akure.

Meanwhile, the joint task force of security agencies in Ondo State, on Tuesday, arrested six persons at Emure Ile in the Owo Local Government Area of the state.

The task force, which is made up of the police, the army and the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, said the suspects were arrested around 3am on Tuesday, while coming from the northern part of the country.

Parading the suspects at the headquarters of the Ondo State Police Command, the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Femi Joseph, said they were arrested following a tip-off, adding that they were suspected kidnappers.

According to him, some dangerous weapons found in the suspects’ possession, include 16 locally-made guns, 17 cutlasses, 13 knives and charms.

He added that seven mobile telephone handsets and the sum of N27,820 were also found on the suspects.

Joseph said, “The joint task force code named: ‘Operation Crime Free’, acting on a tip-off, arrested six suspected kidnappers at Emure junction via Owo, where they had gathered together in a suspicious manner.

“They also had some food items, pieces of clothing and items suspected to be charms. They could not give satisfactory accounts of their mission even though they claimed to be coming from Kebbi State.”

The PPRO said the command had commenced investigation into the matter.

He appealed to the residents of the state to always supply security agents with useful information on the activities of hoodlums in their environment, adding that the issue of security should not be left in the hands of the security agents alone.

ALSO READ:   Man Makes Love with Corpse in a Funeral Home

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.